When we receive an error 720 message, it means that there is a problem with the connection to the remote computer. The solution is fairly simple:
- Go to the device manager and then to the network card tab.
- Uninstall all WAN Miniport devices.
- Then, click “Scan for new hardware” on the bottom bar.
Error 812 is related to VPN server policies. The authentication method on your computer does not match the required authentication method on the VPN server. The problem can be solved in a few simple steps:
- Open CMD.exe as an administrator (right-click -> open as administrator).
- Paste the following command into the console:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\13 /v TlsVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 0xfc0
reg add „HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp” /v DefaultSecureProtocols /t REG_DWORD /d 0xaa0
if %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% EQU AMD64 reg add „HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp” /v DefaultSecureProtocols /t REG_DWORD /d 0xaa0
- Install any updates that may appear.
- Restart the computer.
- Try to connect to the VPN.
IT IS WORTH REMEMBERING:
- If you are using other VPNs like Nord VPN, you need to disable them because your VPN will conflict with Nord and will not work.
- If the computer is in a corporate domain, the VPN connection will not work.
- If you want to connect to the MSSQL database, when logging in to the VPN, you need to provide the full user name, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com